Physicians Mutual - Grounds Maintenance Operator
The Grounds Maintenance Operator performs a variety of seasonal groundskeeping and building maintenance tasks under general supervision of the Building Service Manager. The position will provide a safe and attractive outdoor environment for employees and visitors by performing seasonal grounds keeping and building maintenance tasks to include the following:
- Plow snow, clear sidewalks and entry ways, spread salt and ice melt.
- Check for and treat icy spots on pavement daily.
- Operate riding zero turn mowers, battery and gas weed eaters, battery and gas leaf blowers, Kubota garden tractor, Bobcat skid loader, ¾ ton pickup trucks.
- Aerate and overseed lawns.
- Keep garden beds mulched and weed free.
- Spray for weeds as necessary.
- Tree trimming and removal.
- Keep pond clean.
- Perform maintenance on all Grounds equipment, such as oil changes on the trucks, keeping gas and diesel tanks full on equipment, checking tire pressure, filling fluids such as windshield washer fluid and radiator coolant.
- Keep hedges trimmed.
- Keep roads and walkways clear of debris, pick up trash on property daily.
- Respond to calls for assistance – air up employee tires or perform a jumpstart.
- Respond to call in for snow removal work.
- Wash down indoor parking and covered parking as required.
- Overtime is occasionally required for this position. Working hours: *6:30AM - 3:00PM (May Require Overtime or On-Call Rotation) *
- High school education or equivalent
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license
- 2-3 year’ experience preferred in lawn service/grounds keeping
- Ability to push lawn equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to schedule and measure application, types and quantities of lawn chemicals and other treatments over an extended period of time
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to drive or learn to drive tractor and Bobcat equipment
- Ability to operate various lawn maintenance equipment, snow blowers, chain saw and hand power tools
- Ability to use or learn to use PC for basic functions
- Ability to follow safety policies and procedures (working with chemicals, wearing safety equipment such as goggles, ear protection, boots, etc.)
- Physical Requirements: Seeing: 75 - 100% Hearing: 75-100% Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 75-100% Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 75-100 % (pound: 50 lbs.) Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 - 100%