Supervises: Branch Employees
Oversees the operation of a branch office with total loans and deposits of varying amounts. Exercises executive and administrative control over the functions of the office. Administers the operation of the branch with primary emphasis on deposits, loans and customer service activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides personnel management for branch staff.
- Oversees hiring of Tellers to adequately staff branch location
- Works with management to hire Universal Bankers, Assistant Branch Managers and Personal Bankers
- Manages overall branch office operations.
- Responsible for maintaining office building, grounds, equipment and fixtures.
- Handles all types of deposit and loan accounts.
- Prepares reports for management as required.
- Establishes and helps to attain internal performance objectives for branch office business volume, deposits, loan portfolios and quality of audit reports.
- Actively promotes the branch office by making sales calls, conducting outreach events and community involvement.
- Provides and maintains a professional business-like atmosphere within the branch office.
- Reviews staff members for formal performance evaluations and recommends salary adjustments. Counsels employees when needed. Coordinates staff training when needed.
- Effectively coaches Branch employees to achieve sales, customer service and operational goals.
- Tests branch security equipment and investigates security issues when needed.
- Represents the financial institution in public relations activities and community affairs.
- Provides efficient and courteous customer service, cross-marketing products and services to generate new business for the financial institution.
- Assist customers in a responsive, friendly and courteous manner.
- Be knowledgeable in assisting customers using financial institution’s core values, and how they relate to our products and services.
- Opens and maintains accounts offered by the financial institution.
- Prepares and maintains account paperwork, including signature cards, check orders, transfers and service charges.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Required to exercise sound judgment with moderate supervision.
- Performs the duties of a Universal Banker and Teller II all levels of Bank Branch personnel as necessary.
- Efficiently utilize all system programs to help research and assist customers.
- Time management skills used to complete projects while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our pledge is to be the preferred community bank by:
- Inspiring a team committed to living the ACCESSway
- Building long lasting relationships
- Being trusted advisors for our clients
- Being meaningful contributors of time, talent and resources in the communities we serve.
- Accessible: Always be approachable, willing to listen and eager to help.
- Character: Approach everything with integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and honesty. Address all matters promptly and directly.
- Customer Centered: Our customers always come first. Greet them by name and with a smile. Customers, whether internal or external, are not an interruption of our work, they are the purpose of it.
- Excellence: There are no shortcuts to quality. Be thorough, timely and accurate in all that you do.
- Serving the community: Servicing others is who we are. Give back to the community with your best combination of time, talent and resources.
- Strive to be the best: Work hard to be the best in everything you do. Seek opportunities to further your knowledge and skill-set.
- We value teamwork: We work together as a team; not as individuals. Open and honest communication must be practiced at all times. Challenge, support, trust and learn from each other. All for one and one for all!
- Attitude: A positive outlook keeps the ACCESSway thriving and helps our team succeed. Work hard, have fun and enjoy the journey.
- You are the difference: You are empowered to go above and beyond for our customers. You represent he bank in each and every interaction. It is up to you to embrace the ACCESSway and live it each day.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five year’s previous experience as a Universal Banker or equivalent to gain the knowledge of various transactions necessary in order to assist branch staff.
- 1 year of people management experience
- Six months- to one year-experience accepting applications and processing consumer loans.
- Extensive background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations (state and federal), employee development, and public relations.
- Ability to supervise, monitor and evaluate the work of others.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of bank products and services offered.
- Effective selling, cross-selling and referral skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening).
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, ability to handle multiple priorities and produce results, ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated/takes initiative.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to effectively work with colleagues and on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
Bellevue has a growing and diverse economy. It is located on the eastern edge of Sarpy County, which is the fastest growing county in the State of Nebraska.
The City's population is 5% younger than the state average and the average household income is 5% higher. More than 25% of the population are college graduates.
The low crime rate, low unemployment and cost of living, coupled with award-winning schools and modern health care facilities make the community very family-friendly.
With miles of biking and hiking trails, dozens of parks with playgrounds and sports fields, there is always something to do in Bellevue.
The City's infrastructure of well-maintained roads, communications facilities and access to transportation centers provides an ideal atmosphere for business opportunity.